Tuesday 8 January 2019

The Potato Diet

Well ... did anyone see it last night? No. Thought not. if you want to lose weight quickly for any reason - to fit better in that special dress is favourite - you can't go wrong with the potato diet.

I've managed to - temporarily - lose 7lbs in 9 days of potato heaven. And, unlike other mono-diets I still wanted potatoes as soon as I stopped doing it.

You can of course carry on for longer than a week - and permanently lose weight - but more care is needed to get in essential nutrients. I only missed 'crunch' every time I did it, so added lettuce, my fat was avocado rather than oil. And there's no way I could manage 5lbs spuds a day, I generally hovered somewhere between 2 and 3lbs.

And another top tip, cook them, let them cool, then reheat. It gives them more resistant starch. The same can be done with pasta and rice.

Bugger the Muesli today, I'm off to throw spuds in my Breville Halo+

I say, they're £30 cheaper than when I bought mine. I might get another for the tin hut, rather than taking this one back with me. I use it nearly every day because I use far less fat with chips/wedges than I did on jacket spuds.

And all my cheap Lidl veg was roasted in it before Christmas - because I don't like boiled veg - but I did use a bit more oil/fat for that. And it has many other uses ... Hmmm 🤔

Note to self ... the top rack in your freezer is completely full of roasted veg, please remember to use it...

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a potato diet. I shall start one straight away.
    At first I will only do a five day diet and eat normally at weekends. So Mon to Fri it's going to be -
    Allumette. Saute and Croquette on Mon.
    Parisienne, Almond potatoes and Duchesse on Tue.
    French fries, Parmentier and Boulangere on Wed.
    Lorette. Chateau and Marquise on Thu.
    Byron, Lyonnaise and a Jacket on Fri.
    I might even continue into Sat and Sun with a few potato straws, a bag or two of crisps and a good old fried potatoes thrown in for good measure.
    Stay slim, be good and
    Take care
    Bernard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talking of shopping bags - last Christmas I bought my sister-in-law a lovely strong bag with the words "I always take this old bag shopping," on the side. She loves it. And now... always makes my poor old brother carry the dam thing. What a laugh.
    Best wishes
    B x

    ReplyDelete

Be nice, I'm very sensitive.