Saturday 5 January 2019

Goodbye Christmas 2018

"Right, let's get Christmas back in the attic" ... says she eventually ... covered head to toe in chuffin 'snow' ... that clings to everything, including my glasses and my spiffing cordless sweepy thing ... had to clean the filter in that *again* because of the damn snow.

And off we jolly well go up to the bathroom ... to where I'd already woman-handled 13 cartons and bags of utter crap ... to then go on up to the attic with the aid of my faithful old retainer ... aka Oddjob.

He gets the trapdoor open and pulls down the ladder with his gadget and tootles off up with a limp ... whilst I await the long lead and plug for the lovely fluorescent lighting to arrive. I plug it in, and lo ... there is light.

"Yer know, it dunt seem five minutes since ahr were up here" ... I looked up at him in puzzled confusion ... "Well, it's not too long ago" ... I tell him.

"It were weeks ago when ahr fetched um dahn" ... "It was yesterday, you twat!" ... sounds of cogs going around ... "Ooh ahhh. Ahr forgot abaht that, I were thinking abaht when I fetched um dahn before Christmas".

And that's the story of how Christmas - but not his train sets - yes, SETS - got put away. They are currently acquiring new lighting and/or batteries for old lighting ... whilst he sits eating the chocolate barrels he filled the wagons with.

Everyone deserves an Oddjob 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, I'm very sensitive.