|Cromford Road lamppost still out of (main) sight, out of mind.|
I've been a bit long in doing this post as I've had rather a lot on my mind lately and blogging just wasn't on my list of things I must do.
Ahem, it has also been nestling comfortably amongst my drafts awaiting completion for the last month:Rumours and facts ... you can choose which is which this time:
- Potters/Co-op on Cromford Road is already up for sale.
- Some councillors aren't as bright as they're meant to be.
- A completed car-wash valeting service on Dean Street wasn't (environmentally) approved.
- There will soon be more roadworks in Langley Mill.
- The tyre filled trailer park on the Mill car park is a fire hazard.
- AVBC have been looking at my blog.
- The ILLEGAL car wash on Station Road is still going strong.
|Next to derelict Mill pub|
Although, considering the amount of money our council receives, I think Langley Mill should actually resemble Kew Gardens - oh I see, the entire £85,000 (before donations) isn't all for flowers and Christmas lights, shame ;-) ... apparently nearly £30,000 is for General Administration and £27,000+ is for salaries and national insurance.
If it ever stops raining long enough while I'm actually in Langley Mill, I will venture out with my camera to take some photos of our much cheerier village ... although it is still a disgusting tat-strewn tip, flowers can't hide everything.
This also requires that I use the correct settings on my camera ... sigh. My latest hobby is photographing sunspots (it is possible with our weather, honest), and I then tend to forget that the camera is set for such an event. I'm in the habit of grabbing it, pointing and clicking merrily away at say - a squirrel, which is skilfully doing a handstand whilst simultaneously juggling five peanuts with his feet, and spitting seed at a blackbird (yeah well, it's my blog and I'll exaggerate if I want to) ... and all I get for my efforts is a distant smudge!
|Just a blur as my chauffeur drove us past|