Monday 11 May 2009

Asda Get Your Finger Out!

Come on Asda, hurry up with your planning application for Langley Mill, we want it passed as soon as possible so the bridge can be taken down on Bridge Street -

The reason why

Thursday night 1.30, I was in bed minding my own business listening to the DIESEL forklift trucks at PMB who work in some of the non-soundproofed Heanor Haulage buildings [tin shacks], when I heard several bangs.

I got up to have a look, opened the curtain a crack and a stone hit the window, it's a good job I have excellent bladder control for a 'near crumbly' or I'd have wet myself it was such a loud bang, in fact at first I thought it was a brick they'd used.

I phoned the police, spoke to a very nice lady who asked all the proper questions, unfortunately I couldn't give her many details as these are cowardly thugs who hide behind the bridge side so you can't see anything except the tops of their hoods and their hands throwing ammunition over.
They were raining pebbles over at the cars now that they'd run out of stones.

Obviously when the police came they'd gone over the bridge and disappeared.

Last Night 11.00

BANG!
Oh here we go again, then 3 eggs hit the front door, I watched them slide down the glass. Then the stones started, the little ba****ds must have taken a different route home this time as it was garden pea gravel they'd filled their pockets with.
Same routine - 999. Meanwhile my other half [who had planned this after Thursdays do] had got the hose pipe out and sprayed them with water, all the time they were throwing gravel at him. I went on the front then to wait for the police and they even threw it at me [how dare they?!]
The police to give them credit were very quick as they were close by.

After a bit of persuasion from us and our neighbours they gave them chase over the bridge where they were caught by more police waiting at the other end. Two police cars in the same area on a Sunday night - WOW!

My other half had gone over with the police with his little torch, he wanted to see their faces, he saw one and won't forget it, he's good at remembering people, me I have problems knowing who the woman in the mirror is in a morning.

There were 3 of them, no evidence of wrong doing on them, der! they'd used that.

Now this is the really annoying bit -

Policeman 1 who came back over the bridge with the 'thug waterer' - buying him a power washer!
"They're about 14 years old, 1 was crying, they'll be taken home and letters sent."
He then went in my neighbours house to discuss if they knew any reason why we were being targeted.

Policeman 2 who was then dropped off by the other police car -
"They're 17 & 18 but because there's no criminal damage done we've taken their names and let them go. They're not bad lads"

Me, disbelieving and spitting feathers -
"What do you mean they're not bad lads, you try living here, then tell me that!"

The conversation went on in a similar vein including that they'd thrown gravel at us and hit us but weren't hurt. I know as crimes go this is very trivial but to us it's not, it's distressing to say the least. My cat was terrified and trying to hide in a cupboard and my neighbours dog ended up with the squits.

Have you tried cleaning eggs off of a front door?? well no, me neither, I didn't clean it but I watched this morning as my grumpy old man struggled whilst muttering quite a lot, my neighbour came out and pointed out the little chips in our car windows and the bigger chip in her front window.

Anyway I'm not entirely satisfied with the police, the response was brilliant but the fact that they couldn't get their stories straight does not instil me with any sort of confidence.
I will be wanting a chat with 'cardboard Bob' at some point to see what he knows.

So Asda, get a move on before we set fire to the bridge ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, I'm very sensitive.