Wednesday 9 January 2013

Alternate Day Fasting Over Christmas

So far I haven't changed my meal times as mentioned in my last post because the weather got warmer and I haven't been as cold as I was during the day. Knowing British weather, this is apt to change at a moments notice.
.....

I decided - because I'm a good girl - that I would stick with ADF over Christmas and new year by juggling my days ... hmmm yes, rather because I was too afraid of the consequences otherwise.

Therefore on Christmas week my weekend (diet-wise) was Tuesday and Wednesday, New Year week it was Monday and Tuesday. I didn't restrict my eating or drinking at all these days although I was slightly more careful on my other up days and positively saintly on my down days.

I'm pleased to say that even though I came fairly close, I still didn't need any over-acid stomach remedies. Considering the richness of the food I ate this is brilliant!

Over in our ADF group on Facebook, it's fair to say that the vast majority of us let our hair down - and loosened our belts - completely forgetting about fasting for the time being and simply enjoyed the holidays.

The results were obvious, they gained weight and I didn't - buffs up halo until it glows - however, they have since lost their Christmas weight gain and I'm still stuck on a plateau all by myself.

The conclusion that I can draw from this is that it does you good to forget all about calorie restricting for a short while, as any damage done is as quickly undone ... with the added bonus that you've thoroughly enjoyed yourself.

It also seems to have kick-started the weight loss again for one or two people who have gone several weeks and stayed the same weight ... like me :'(

I wish I could let myself have a week off to try it but I daren't - I have an enormous guilt complex and an obsessive nature - even on our honeymoon I juggled my days around so I only missed one fasting day - the only one I've missed since the 8th August - and I only justified that because I'd previously done two double down days in one week.

If I don't lose any more weight by this weekend then I'll have to try shaking things up with the threatened fast-5 or I'll literally do ADF without my 'weekend' off, giving me an extra down day a fortnight ... or I could stop eating Christmas cake, mincemeat muffins and chocolate on my up days.

Weight loss over five months ... still 35lb ...

.....

  1. Me and Alternate Day Fasting
  2. Me and Alternate Day Fasting ... Three Weeks On
  3. Five Weeks of Alternate Day Fasting
  4. Eight Weeks of Alternate Day Fasting
  5. Ten Weeks of Alternate Day Fasting
  6. Alternate Day Fasting Three Months On
  7. Alternate Day Fasting in Winter
  8. Alternate Day Fasting Over Christmas
  9. Me and Zumba
  10. Saying Goodbye To My Curves 
  11. Eight Months Of Alternate Day Fasting And Me
  12. Growing Up 
  13. A Year Of Alternate Day Fasting 
  14. 60 Pounds Of Blubber - Vanished
  15. The Perils of Alternate Day Fasting 
  16. Mr Grumpy Is Losing It
  17. Mr Grumpy Has Lost It
  18. Fasting For Maintenance
  19. Tweaking Maintenance
  20. Weight Gain 
  21. Still Maintaining
  22. Four Years Of Intermittent Fasting
  .....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, I'm very sensitive.