Sunday 8 June 2008

Being Grumpy - part 1

I've decided to start a grumpy blog as I know even more about being grumpy than I do about decoupage - my other completely riveting blog that no-one else is interested in.

I laid in bed this morning, thinking my normal grumpy thoughts, you know the kind of thing - 'I should really get up, but don't want to' or 'the garden needs tidying - nothing a decent landslide wouldn't fix, but I don't feel like it'. Then I thought "well I ought to write a blog about grumpiness, I have ALL the qualifications"

And indeed, this astonishing revelation spurred me to get out of bed and I arrived on my blogger dashboard where I proceeded to make a new blog. Imagine my annoyance to find that I couldn't use my chosen address of grumpyoldwoman, it took several attempts to get one I was nearly happy with. I need to find these other grumpy old women and read their blogs to see if they're as grumpy as me or whether it's just a half-hearted attempt at grumpiness.

Anyway, I've pulled a few weeds up so that's my gardening done for at least a month, I don't know why I bothered planting things really, they keep growing, I liked them when they were little, before they took over everything. It's not even a garden, just tubs and troughs on a concrete back yard: I was full of good ideas and intentions when I started gardening but I was only middle-aged then, I hadn't been practising grumpiness at that stage in my life.

I'm going to take the dog for a walk in a minute, this gives me plenty of scope for being grumpy; I can moan about dog-mess that hasn't been cleaned up, I can have a real grouse about the litter thrown, mostly beer cans just carelessly left by the under-age drinkers that think it's 'cool' to be drinking before they're legally allowed to.
It always amazes me that each generation grows up thinking that they're any different from the last one when in fact they're exactly the same but with an extra pinch of ignorance and bad manners thrown in.
Of course my generation was different, we were dead cool!

OK, so now I've checked a couple of grumpy old women blogs, one didn't write much - just said she was grumpy - fair enough. The other one I read and found myself nodding in agreement to some of her grumpiness although it doesn't look like she's been grumpy lately which is a shame.

I'm going to publish this post now, no-one will read it anyway so really it'll just be my 'Grumpy Diary' - I'm so glad I'm not using paper, with my moaning I could get through a small forest of trees ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, I'm very sensitive.